Along with high quality of services, productive communication makes the basis of customers’ loyalty. Well-organized support service helps our customers to contact us when they need it, and enables us to assist them within the shortest possible time.
In SHALB we use several channels to make it easier for our customers to talk to us. Customer communication flows seamlessly across all channels, making our workflow more productive. The communication channels include:
- Jira, an issue management tool. It allows customers to track issue status, make comments and see labor hours expended on issue solving. Being synchronized with Opsgenie, a solution for alerting and incident management, Jira can escalate open issues with high priority. It could also be integrated with customers’ systems.
- Slack, a collaborative application with a broad range of integration possibilities. We use Slack for real-time messaging with our customers, and as a single point to receive notifications and alerts that come from Opsgenie.
- Email, a customary communication channel that is used to create tasks. Based on incoming email, a ticket management system creates an issue to investigate an incident.
- Skype for online conversations and message exchange.
- Phone to receive text messages and calls from monitoring and notification systems.
SHALB provides customer support and monitoring services 24/7. Our engineer-on-duty keeps an eye on monitoring notifications and addresses a queue of incoming tickets that are being assigned to an engineer in charge. Our responding to monitoring notifications takes no longer than 5 minutes. Critical issues are being addressed immediately after receiving the notification. Resolving non-critical tasks starts within an hour.
According to the estimated scope of work, a ticket can be classified as a DevOps task or a service request. DevOps tasks are specified within customer agreement and include works such as solution development, implementing new features or making big changes in the infrastructure configuration. Service requests include reports on issues or incidents with the current systems and works on their maintenance, such as performing quick fixes, machine failure recovery, etc.
Our customers can submit their support requests via Jira customer portal and report about the problem using one of the communication channels.